Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Medical School

A wise man once said, "Ride the horse till you fall off." These past months has been a growing experience for me. I would be lying if I told you I have never asked myself what the hell* (sorry I had to make it dramatic) am I doing here. It is def. not the easiest thing I have done. I have been trying to keep a diary of my feelings, experiences, etc. This is a short excerpt from my dairy I thought I would share. I was very discouraged this day, yet it very motivated.

"Each person is consumed and worried about their own well being. Very few people truly 100% put another person before them. My goal is to give up myself…ALL myself to help the people around me. Even when the deed is small it is still something. And those deeds tend to add up. Just a smile, or a friendly hello, a open ear, a shoulder to cry on. You are NEVER going to have all the answers, and you will not ALWAYS have the right words to say. You don't have to. Simply be yourself. Trust in the Lord to guide you in your ways. Even when it feels as though everything in your life is in the wrong direction or for the wrong meaning remember that God has a plan for you, a hope, and a promise, don't worry about your life, he will lead you in the way of everlasting life. Put your trust in him."

I apologize if it wasn't very structured but when I type in my diary I just type how I feel at that moment. Anyways, I truly do feel a little disconnected from the outside world and hope that this little blog can help ppl get a feeling of how my life is. I will try by best to keep you all posted. I apologize a head of time if I do not.

3 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

Hey, fireball. Sorry it took me so long to comment. Just wanted to let you know I'm here, and still reading everything you post.

It will get better. Grad school sucks, no matter what your field of study. I went through lots of "what the hell am I doing here," but with stronger cuss words attached.

One of our friends here is a hematologist. He did his residency at Thomas Jefferson and now works there. Hematology sounds so cool. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

You have to give yourself a break sometimes. I have no idea what all you're going through, but I do know what it feels like when the work gets piled on in school. Although it seems to take extra time to seek out help, it's always useful to go meet with your teachers, go to study groups, etc., because this forces you to engage with the task at hand.

k-delights said...

yeah, it is getting better finally!! Thanks for checking out my blog! I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you at Christmas! How is everything going for you? PS I love you blog profile pic! You're so cute.